BY: Laila Borsari & Olivia Thillard
Listen to the coolest top hits of 2019, all of the songs have links so if you are interested in that song just click onto the song name and you’ll be listening to the best songs in no time.
6. Senorita Artist: Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes
7. You should see me in a crown Artist: Billie Eilish
8. Bad things . Artist: Camila Cabello and Machine Gun Kelly
9. Love me like you do Artist: Ellie golding
10. I know what you did last summer . Artist: Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello
11. Beautiful people Artist: Ed Sheeran
12. South of the border Artist:E d Sheeran, Camila Cabello, ft. Cardi B
13. Happier Artist: Marshmello ft Bastille
14. Sweet but psycho Artist: Ava Max
15. Salt Artist: Ava Max
16. Mercy Artist: Shawn Mendes
17. Mia Artist: Bad bunny & Drake
18. I’m a mess Artist: Bebe Rexha
19. 2002 Artist: Anne Marie
20. Someone you loved Artist: Lewis Capaldi
21. Dancing with a stranger Artist: Sam smith & Normani
22. How do you sleep Artist: Sam smith
23. Eastside Artist: Benny Blanco, Halsey & Khalid
24. Without me Artist: Halsey
25. Don't call me angel Artist: Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus,& Lana Del Rey
26. Stay Artist: Zedd, Alessia Cara
27. Beach house Artist: The Chainsmokers
28. Let me down slowly Artist: Alec Benjamin
29. Break up with your girlfriend, I'm bored Artist: Ariana Grande
30. Liar Artist: Camila Cabello
By Kelly Du
Every single October 31st, there is a holiday called Halloween. Many people celebrate this by either trick or treating, or putting up scary decorations. The majority of us see this as a spooky holiday, but do many of us really realize where Halloween started or what it celebrates?
Let’s just start with what Halloween means. According to our local dictionary, Halloween is the night of October 31st, the eve of All Saint’s Day. Just to break it down even more, All Saint’s Day is a christian festival to honor the saints in heaven. At the night of this festival it is said to be when ghosts and spirits come abroad. So basically, it was believed that the night of a holy day would be full of spirits.
Now, let’s talk about where Halloween originated from and came from. Halloween came from the ancient Celtic Festival of Samhain. In Celtic Ireland (around 2,000 years ago), this was the festival to separate the lighter half of the year with the darker half. Or the lightest/brightest season, summer, with the darkest/coldest season, winter. During this time, the division between our world, and the believed “other world”, was the thinnest, which made it easier for spirits to cross through. Since there were spirits roaming around, people decided to wear scary costumes to hopefully scare the spirits off.
Although this isn’t the entire story of Halloween(because that would take a long time to explain and write about) it’s the main gist of the story. To learn more about this, you can use our friend, the internet, but to make it up to you, I will include some random Halloween facts.
Created by the